Thursday, 28 September 2006
I’ve updated the url_template.js and json_form.js libraries to fix some bugs, to make the demo I gave at XTech run more smoothly. It should work well on Safari, Mozilla and IE6 (despite some glitches at a showing inside Y! the other day; the demo gods were not smiling). It does not work in Opera; it seems like the more I use XHR in that browser, the more bugs I find. I’m thinking of updating the XHR tests to catch more of them, but it’s a fair amount of work.
The next step for HInclude and URL Templating is doing the magic earlier; right now, they wait for the onload() event, which doesn’t fire until after all of the document as well as images and the like are loaded. There are folks working on solutions to this, but in my testing, those approaches still buggy (and comments on many of the relevant blog entries being closed doesn’t help).
Filed under: Web