Welcome to my site, where I keep some of the things that I write, code, photograph and otherwise create.
You can find out more about me, or jump directly to my résumé.
recent thoughts on my blog
- How (Not) to Control Your CDN — In February, Omer Gil described the Web Cache Deception Attack.
- How to Think About HTTP Status Codes — There’s more than a little confusion and angst out there about HTTP status codes. I’ve received
more than a few e-mails (and IMs, and DMs) over the years from stressed-out developers (once at
2am, their time!) asking something like this:
- The State of Browser Caching, Revisited — A long, long time ago, I wrote some tests using XmlHttpRequest
to figure out how well browser caches behaved, and wrote up the
- Ideal HTTP Performance — The implicit goal for Web performance is to reduce end-user perceived latency; to get the page in front of the user and interactive as soon as possible.
- Alternative Services — The IESG has approved “HTTP Alternative Services” for publication as a Proposed Standard.